I haven't been to Preston, ID in a very looonnng time!
My grandparents lived in Preston all their lives and are buried in the cemetery here.
It was great to visit their house and see all the changes the new owners have made.
They were kind enough to give me a tour when I knocked on the door to ask if I could go around back & see the barn where my Grandpa parked his trucks.
There are no longer horses surrounding the property like there used to be....
It is all farm land now.
I lived with my Grandpa, here in Preston, ID for a few months before he passed away in 2000.
My Grandpa (Doc Howells) raced quarter horses and was the town Veteranarian.
The property was always filled with horse trailers, barns, walkers and lots of people coming and going to attend to the race horses.
I miss this place.
I loved it as a kid.
And as an adult, just being here brought me peace and comfort during one of the hardest times in my life.
Although my grandma passed away when I was a junior in high school, I still feel her presence when I come to this little town.
I love it here.
What a cute house. I love that you got to tour it again. What sweet memories.
ReplyDeleteI miss it!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun to be able to go back and visit. I've only been to Preston once....and it wasn't for very long. I was on a bike relay and Preston was the end of my leg. It was cold. That's all I remember. haha. :)
ReplyDelete