Sunday, September 27, 2009

The {Night} Life of a Sleepwalker's Wife!

I am the wife of the world's worst sleepwalker. Maybe I should say BEST sleepwalker because he is an EXPERT!:) I've been trying to figure out why I'm so tired lately...MAYBE it's because....
1. Bears are wrestled in my bedroom almost every night
2. I assist in moving HUGE granite slabs when required by "the sleepwalker!"
3. All night long I listen to ramblings (in Spanish) of instructions being given to crews of men working construction!
4. Just last night I had to hold onto the bed post until I could convince Brad that Jace was NOT stranded on top of it. My job was to hold the bed post until Brad could get help!
5. At least a couple of nights a week are spent convincing Brad that the walls are not caving in and he doesn't need to stand there shouting orders at me to "get out of the room" while he holds the wall up!
6. Some nights I am mistaken for an intruder and held down til' I can convince Brad it is just me....just me, trying to sleep!

Anyone feel my pain!? :)
I'm Exhausted! But, it's his only flaw so I'll keep at it!:)

12 comments:

  1. Sorry your not sleeping well. At first I thought that maybe you should take a sleeping pill to help you get some rest, until further reading I think Brad needs the sleeping pill. Has he tried one? I have some if you want to slip one to him right before bed :) Seriously I wonder if that would help him. I feel so bad for him, he must be tired too. Let me know. (this did make for good reading, it made me laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add,,no offense Brad. Your still a great guy even if you do keep your wife up at night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, fascinating. You should keep an ongoing log; that would be so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! Bret talks in his sleep and that can keep me up sometimes but man Brad sure sounds like he can be quite a handful! How do you do it? Ashlyn has even taken up her daddy's sleep talking. I find myself going into her room after I hear screaming or crying only to have to hear her babble to me about snacks, playing, etc. and I know she's sleeping because her eyes are still closed most of the time and nothing is making sense. But yet again- not nearly as bad as what you have to deal with at night with Brad. Does he feel bad after you tell him what you had to go through? haha.

    Oh and by-the-way I love love love your hair. I'm glad my poll on facebook could inspire you. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hilarious! This might be my favorite blog post....ever! Hope you get some real sleep soon (without having to get rid of Brad, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the great laugh...Now maybe you understand why some grandparents sleep in different rooms...so they can actually sleep....but then who would be there to save Brad? I guess he needs someone to save him from those walls that keep crashing in:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so. funny. I remember you tell us stories about that in young women's. hope you can sneak in a nap or something! :) and you i think your hair looks cute! But you could probably still have poofy bangs and look cute, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe he needs to have a baby--I used to do the same thing--my husband would go crazy but it all stopped as soon as I had my first child. So sorry for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahahhhahhhaaaa. i think that is the funniest thing i have heard all week!! awesome!! you should youtube this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. uh huh.... I feel your pain! Been there, done that. It does get better as they age... good thing that's his only flaw so you can keep him! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Cow Jan....who knew????
    Wow....you must allow yourself a nap....everyday!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear ya sis... Brian is impossible. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed him working on hte night shift so his sleepwalking happens during the day when I am up, awake, alert and ready for anything... Just remember, it can always get worse... Bri gets naked and tries to drive off in the car while he is asleep... and he loves to sleep in the crib (sometimes WITH the baby in it!) we all have our trials, huh?? I sure wish Bri would go back on the meds that made him STOP sleepwalking!! now THAT was a good year!

    ReplyDelete