Monday, June 23, 2008

QUOTE OF THE CENTURY!

I swiped this quote off my friend Lindy's blog! I LOVE it and had never heard or read it before! Words to live by! I posted it on my fridge to keep me focused on the important things in life!


"I don't want to show up at the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed with long perfect manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon with mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want there to be grass stains on my shoes from mowing Mrs. Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and I really lived!"
Marjorie Pay Hinckley

4 comments:

  1. that is so great!! I am going to print one out for me too!! just what I need on days like today... Miss you guys hope you are all doin' good up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I miss Sister Hinckley! This quote is so perfect. Can you imagine if we all lived this way?!

    I too am "stealing" it and displaying it in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quote, it is one that I keep posted all the time on my kitchen cabinets! I love her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have used this quote in some of my many talking assignments...she was a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete