Help! I'm at a loss for an answer...... to a decorating decision at Whisperwood! Here's the deal! Every where you look in Utah it's beginning to look like FALL! That is, if you're looking in the stores! Outside it's still Hot and Sunny! No signs of leaves falling, weather cooling, etc.
Or, should I wait & let summer be summer!
I can't decide! So many people ask us why we don't have our fall stuff out at Whisperwood (like all the other stores). On the other hand, many people have commented on the fact that they're sooo happy we aren't selling fall in the middle of summer! Please put in your 2 cents!


I say wait! it seems like fall merchandise comes out earlier every year. I was in Michaels the end of July and they were already putting fall stuff out...what's going on!:)
ReplyDeleteby the way...i'm still waiting for all your fabulous ideas! email them to me if it makes it any easier - mabigler@sbcglobal.net
thanks jan!!
I agree, wait! Summer is too short as it is. I love Fall, but not until is it fall!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you could make a new theme out of your dillema and the split in seasons.....ie. display a lemonade pitcher pouring out fall leaves. Ok - that sounds down right awful, but you get what I mean. If not, pretend I didn't comment. :-)
ReplyDeleteI know I am SICK TO DEATH of my summer decor in my home. I say go for it! Get the fall things out. People are dreaming of a crisp breeze in the air. Go ahead and give them what they want!! Look at it this way...even though the weather doesn't give them what they want YOU WILL and they'll pay for it! :)
ReplyDeleteI think you should bring in the fall stuff and slowly fade out the summer stuff. While we are still enjoying summer, people come in your store to buy things they can use for a while. In just a few short weeks (maybe less), no one will want to buy summer stuff anymore because they won't be able to use it long. You need to have the fall stuff available so they will BUY and you can make moolah! Just my opinion!
ReplyDeleteI was just shopping in El Paso...and this very thing came up...I am not ready to let go of summer and I was really mad that everything Halloween was out! What the Heck! Does that mean Christmas decorations should be put out next month...can't we enjoy the moment for just a ....moment??? HOLD OFF!!!! Hugs Jan!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh......just wait! I still want the fruity drinks with the little umbrellas in them. At least let us get all of the kids in school first before the fall stuff comes out. Stretch out the SUMMER as long as you can....Please! The summers feel shorter every year and that's probably part of it. Love you!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I am ready for fall...it is my favorite time of year and I love,love fall decor so I say bring it on!The sooner the better... now I just wish I was just down the street from your shop so I could start BUYING some of your display! Tee Hee:)
ReplyDelete