My entry way.

New railing! Yahoo! It's not stained yet, but you get the idea - pretty traditional.

Wall to the right. Taupe. Boring. Plain. Can't really hang anything there because of the stairway traffic.

Wall to the left. Olive Green. Will one day have the world's HUGEST mirror hanging on it! But til' then, it will sadly remain...crafty-ish!

My idea....to put whiteV-backer (higher end beadboard) 4 -5 feet up the wall to the right. THEN, trim out the top with some cool molding. Yes? No? Are the stairs (railing & wrought iron) too traditional for the V-backer which would be painted white....more of an east coast look!? Should I put the V-backer on the left wall too. What is your opinion? You know my house. You know me. You know my style. I know, I'm supposed to be the decorator BUT I'm stumped. I know you'll have the answer. No pressure!:)

Anyone else who wants to weigh-in on the dilemma is welcome!
Here's a picture of just a strip of V-backer. It's not painted white yet. We'd have a cabinet guy paint it so the stain in the grooves would match to stain on the railing. Imagine it about five feet high.
Wow, will you come to my house and tell me how to decorate. As much as I always wanted to be a decorator I'm not so my house is BORING!!!
ReplyDeleteI already love the way your house looks, if your really itching to do some decorating, bring your stuff and come to my house. Have fun with what ever you choose, ill have to come check it out.
ReplyDeleteWe put some of the V-backer (beadboard) in our basement and LOVE it. I bet it would look great...although I am with the others and think it all looks great without the changes. You can some and decorate my house anytime!
ReplyDeleteI want to come see your house, sounds pretty either way.
ReplyDelete