Tuesday, July 15, 2008

6 Boring Or Quirky Things About Me....

I've Been Tagged!
This may shock you, but I could tell you a MILLION boring & quirky things about myself!

Here are 6 of them:

1. I LOVE Peanut Butter! I'm a closet addict. Mmmm! Peanut Butter on toast is my favorite! Straight out of the jar is equally as great, on apples, on celery, with chocolate, with Lays potato chips crunched up on a sandwich! Please don't tell my kids!:)


2. I would make a law, if I could, requiring EVERY wedding invitation, graduation announcement, blog post, etc. to have a PICTURE! I must see a picture in order to be happy! Please don't ever send me an announcement without a picture! Please don't expect me to read a post on your blog without a picture! MUST HAVE PICTURE!:)


3. Chocolate Brown, the color, I'm obsessed with! LOVE IT! Have to have it! Have to surround myself with it! Deep Dark Chocolate Brown!


4. I can't MAIL anything! I have a mental block against it. Here's a little story: I lived in Mexico several years ago. You can't mail anything there, it will rarely, if ever, arrive. We had to drive 3 hours to El Paso, TX or Deming, NM to mail ANYTHING or to receive anything! I almost had a mental breakdown over the lack of frequent mail! There was no such thing as e-mail or online bill-pay at the time. Ever since moving back to the states, I can't make myself mail anything. After all those years of driving to another country just to get to the MAIL, I can't make myself walk 10 feet to the mailbox. I'm telling you, it's a huge mental block. I actually do mail Christmas cards & birthday cards, but it takes me all month to tell myself, "you can do this, the mailbox is just 10 feet away, you don't have to drive 3 hours!"


5. I have a secret room underneath my stairs! That sentence right there should wake you up if you're dozing while reading this!:) Hee! Hee! Anyhoo, the walls of my secret room are all cement (like the one in this picture) and you could actually bring a friend or two and spend the day shopping in it because....I buy lots of great things. Home decor things! I've received lots of great gifts.... I put them all in this room under my stairs.
I have decorated MANY people's homes and earn my keep doing interior decorating, but when it comes to my own house, the walls are minimumly decorated! Why? Because I'm waiting for everything to be PERFECT! I need the perfect rug, furniture, drapes, light fixtures, you know....the perfect everything! And then, I will decorate with all my wonderful treasures in my SECRET ROOM!


6. I run out of gas all the time! Yes, gasoline! Yes, my car (digitally) tells me exactly how many miles I have left, & yes, the gas light goes on, and yes, there is even a little beeping noise when I'm down to 50 miles, then 25 miles, then 10 miles, and finally ZERO! I still, can't seem to get to the gas station before I'm coasting on a side street, calling my PATIENT & LONG SUFFERING husband to come rescue me, yet again!



So now, thanks to my friend Shelley, who tagged me.....I realize: I HAVE ISSUES!:)
I now tag: Laurie, Lindy, Debbie J., & Deanna! May you too discover that you have issues!:)

7 comments:

  1. You have to try peanut butter on pretzels! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried S'mores with Reese's peanut butter cups instead of plain chocolate? OH MY BLISS, they are divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am so happy you got one!Dont you love it?!?! It was seriously the greatest investment ever...Plus I am actually happy to do my hair now cause it might actually turn out okay...

    I love peanut butter on waffles, pancakes,tortillas,bannanas,just off a spoon...I will pretty much eat it on anything to be honest...Everyone at my office always looks at me funny becuase I order in PB & J sandwiches from the deli all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan. Yes Jared knows macie and we know kelly too. I can't believe you still have a phobia of mail, I would love to be able to just mail a letter instead of flagging down the next person going to el paso!
    I got the swimsuit from layersclothing.com. They specialize in modest swimwear and tee shirts. They are a little pricey but just sent me an email 20% off all swimwear (and yes, I am tempted to buy another!) The promo code is summerswim if you are interested! Nice meeting you and what a cute family!
    Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too cute! You do know that you are one of my all time favorite people...still! hugs Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's not to love about peanut butter? People think it's a little strange when my kids just go to the cubbard and get spoonfulls of it. I love the quirks. It's what make you...you. And we love YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Gosh! I can say living in Mexico will give you a love of both peanut butter - the BEST - and receiving mail. Totally believe Jan when she says she has mail issues - hee hee! I know from "personal" experience. However, she is one of the greatest woman that I know AND she LOVES peanut butter. What more could you ask for? You are the best Jan.......lots of love and hugs from down south!

    ReplyDelete