So I'm working my little Thursday morning shift at Whisperwood when in walks the Davis County Sherriff Captain! 6 ft. plus tall! Huge! Gun on his hip, the whole works. Carson was with me...he stops dead in his tracks and says, "did my mom do something bad?" Hmmm! Not good! Without giving the Sherriff a minute to respond he then asks, "can I hold your gun while you talk to my mom?" Sherriff laughs. I don't!:)The one thing you need to know about Whisperwood is that it is very RARE for a man to even set foot inside our doors. If they have a list from their wife, then yes, we see a couple of them here and there. Otherwise, no men! Not even Brad...who has a vested interest!:)
Turns out, the Sherriff is not there to take me in for being a bad mom or a bad driver:), he's there to shop! He's headed to Yellowstone on a motorcycle trip with all his buddies and he's looking for these things called "climaties" or "neck wraps!"
Here's how they work: You soak them in water for about 10 minutes, the hydro crystals inside expand when you soak them, then wrap them around your neck, the special gel inside keeps them cool and wet for hours! And, we carry them at Whisperwood! I'd seen them at the store, but had no idea what they were (until the Sherriff educated me)!
I decide to bring one home to Brad...he golfs in the heat of the day (alot)! He says they are amazing! They keep him SO cool! I give one to my neighbor who is heading out for a bike race...he says they're amazing! I wear one while I'm mowing the lawn (it's 98 degrees outside)! It IS Amazing! The Sherriff was right!
So, now they are my new "thing" ...I'm making sure Ceej has one for scout camp, the kids can wear them at the 24th of July parade, I garden and do yardwork in mine....Love 'EM! Where were these when Brad farmed and worked in the hot sun for years down in MX? Wish I knew then what I know now! It's quite possible that everyone in the world knows about these except me...so, if this is old news to you...why didn't YOU tell ME about them!?:)
And, I now hold the record for the world's longest most boring post!

Jan...where have you been??? You didn't know we carry these or what they're for. You need some rest!
ReplyDeleteHey Jan! I got it at Toni and Guy (hair salon) they are all over so they probably have them in Utah...I think it was like $120 + or -? Anyway...I have been using a flat iron on my hair for years and no matter how long i used it it never got this strait...I’ll have to post a pic one of these days...
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny! I seriously love finding new things that work and are fabulous.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Emily
I too have not heard of them I will have to get one when I come up next. Sorry if it seems I have dropped off the face of the earth I will be mailing some stuff up next week!
ReplyDeleteRest assured you are not the LAST one to hear about them... they sound GREAT! What do they cost... I need to get some for the guys that STILL work in the hot sun in MX and maybe some for those who are melting under their refrigeration in AZ. Carson is the best... got to write all of these special experiences down!
ReplyDeleteThat is the funniest story! I would have asked the same question that Carson asked...and why not! hehe Love a big burly man in a boutique! cute post Jan ...I loved it! p.s. I have never heard of those things...but sounds like I need one, I am starting to train again for Moab.
ReplyDeleteI am totally going to look into that! Thanks for the info and thanks for the comment on my blog. It's great meeting you!
ReplyDeleteBring some down when you come for your visit South of the Broder!!!
ReplyDeleteHey...I tagged you...you had better stop by!;)
ReplyDeleteHey I'm with you.......didn't have a clue! Of course, I live in the "middle of nowhere", so that's my defense! Blog was absolutely captivating to me, an obviously clueless person! Than again, our police officer walking into our place of business is pretty familiar looking...hee hee!
ReplyDelete