Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Great Kid!

The picture below is of Sharlene Wells-Hawkes. Remember her? Miss America 1980 something!?:)She's in my ward and lives up the street. A couple of years ago she told me a story that has stuck with me since. She said her dad, Elder Wells, never told his kids he was proud of them. Instead, he ALWAYS used the word PLEASED. He was PLEASED with them!
He felt that since the scriptures admonish us not to be a proud or prideful people, using the word PROUD, gave a negative connotation. I hadn't ever thought of it that way before! But, I do agree. I think those are great little words of wisdom & I try to do the same with my kids!
Soooo, having said that.....

...this post is for Carson! I am so PLEASED with him. He earned his purple belt in karate today and has been so diligent in practicing and learning all the techniques. He works hard to always do his best and never give up. He is bound and determined to be a black belt. I especially love his determination because NO ONE in our family is into the martial arts....he's found this on his own and has made it a very important part of his life. I think all kids need to find something they love to do! And, I think all moms should be PLEASED with their kiddos!:)



Konner & Carson


2 comments:

  1. Zach and Parker want to know if you know the Kung fu Panda and if you could take him with Karate? My vote is "Yes"! We think you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is a great accomplishment, love the tip from Elder Wells!

    ReplyDelete