Maybe. Somehow. Somewhere. Someday. I'll be a cake decorator. I am fascinated by it. I stayed up til' 2:00 am watching AMAZING WEDDING CAKES on WE TV. I'm hooked. It's on Sunday nights...it really is an amazing art.
If I were getting married again (no worries, i'm not. i'm keepin' brad) the picture below would be my choice for a wedding cake. All in white. Wish I could be an apprentice at some gourmet shop in NY & learn from the best. So fun. Maybe in my next life. :)






That is my dream job too. I think it would be so stinkin fun. The creations people come up with are so awesome.
ReplyDeleteMaybe we should just get together one day and make one for ourselves, it can't be that hard, we could totaly do it. Plus our kids would love to come home to an after school snack like that.
Me too, I have always wished I had that talent, I guess I will have to live with the fact that I can barely make toast without burning!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you; it's amazing! I love Duff @ Charm City Cakes. He is the coolest and makes the most fabulous cakes. I can't even make one from a box and frost it from a can!
ReplyDeleteWow! I've never seen such amazing cakes! Those were so fun to look at...I think I many need to check out that show sometime. I've never had the dream to decorate cakes, though. My dream has always been to do floral arranging. I'd love to work in some floral shop someday and make awesome arrangements. Probably won't ever happen but it's a fun dream anyway.
ReplyDeleteOooh, I love cakes and cake decorating! I'm so into it right now, I want to make cakes all the time! ONe of my favorite sites is blog.pinkcakebox.com. I'm always thinking, how did they do that?!
ReplyDeleteooohh me too! i want to make cakes but then no one can touch them cause they are too pretty!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great job for a "next life".. I try to make cool cakes for birthdays and stuff, but I'm not that good a it. I have a sister-in-law however who is quite good. She's mad ethe last few wedding cakes for the family. It would be a great talent ot have.
ReplyDelete